Applications are invited from qualified persons for appointment as Project Manager at the Regional Water and Environmental Sanitation Centre Kumasi (RWESCK) Project at the College of Engineering, KNUST.
Job Type: The contract is for a period of 2 years
Date for commencement of work: December 01, 2021
Remuneration: Salary and conditions of service are very attractive
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Water and Sanitation, Water Resources Management, Planning, Project Management or any relevant field. Applicants with PhD will have an added advantage.
- Three (3) years post qualification experience in project management, grant proposal writing and reports preparation with expertise in international organization or international donor-funded projects
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills in English and must be computer literate
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PROJECT MANAGER
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of the Centre’s projects. The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate teaching, research uptake, short courses and events
- Prepare, monitor and evaluate data for submission to project sponsors
- Prepare annual reports as well as reports for short courses, research uptake, meeting and events
- Design and prepare communication materials for the Centre
- Communicate with partners, Centre fellows and follow-up on implementation of activities
- Process applications for student admissions and manage student database in addition to managing MSc/PhD research progress reports
- Provide office management services including logistics, procurement and ensuring effective function of management systems
- Provide general assistance to the Centre Leader
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Interested candidates are to complete Application Forms (HERE!)
- Completed Application Forms with Curriculum Vitae, two (2) Referees Report and photocopies of relevant Certificates should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, October 29, 2021.
THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCHIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PRIVATE MAIL BAG
UNIVERSITY POST OFFICE
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview.