The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) as it prepares to release the 2021 WASSCE for School results online says candidates and the general public can buy a WAEC results checker pin by simply dialling *944# on mobile phone
WAEC in a blog post sighted by EducationWeb.com.gh said SHS graduates who sat for the just-ended international examination are to check their results at its official results checking portal at https://ghana.waecdirect.org/.
The not for a profit-making organization (WAEC) has also advised members of the general public particularly 2021 WASSCE graduates to be wary of individuals who contact them to upgrade or change their results for a fee.
How to buy 2021 WASSCE result checker pin using shortcode
1. On your mobile phone dial *944#
2. Select option 1 (Result checker pins)
3. Select option 1 (Result checker pins BECE, WASSCE)
4. Choose your mobile money network to make payment (eg MTN mobile money)
5. Select either option 1 (Self) or option 2 (other) and follow the instructions on your screen to make payment. (Dial *170# and select option 6 followed by option 3 to approve your transaction. You will be charged GHS 10.00).
According to the Council, you can also retrieve your SMS at recoversms.waecgh.org. Candidates who might face problems checking the results are to send an email to [email protected] for support.
How to check your 2021 WASSCE result using results checker pin
1. Visit the result checking portal at https://ghana.waecdirect.org/
2. Enter your Index Number
3. Select the Type of Examination (e.g. WASSCE).
4. Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Voucher eg. 012345678912.
5. Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure that your examination information is correct.
6. Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes but it’s worth the wait.