Implement facility projects in accordance with the CPM Toolkit within approved budget, resources, quality, and timelines in line with the MTN Ambition 2025 Strategy drive whilst ensuring effective governance compliance.
• Accountable for the Projects needs assessment.
• Prepare and submit budget proposals for projects for needed approvals in accordance with MTN Project governance procedures.
• Oversee general project plans, control methods, project evaluation and closure.
• Ensure excellent facilities project execution within approved Scope, time, quality, cost, risk and benefits.
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders to provide the capital expenditure budget for CAPEX Steering Committee (CSC) approved projects and report on actual versus planned spend within the approved limits.
• Champion Project management within MTN and support PSO/ EPMO/ PPMO in ensuring the effective governance compliance across all projects.
• Work with Sourcing to drive procurement activities during project implementation and ensure adequate financial controls are in place within the preserve of capital expenditure.
• Manage and ensure the delivery of CEX-CI Data Retail Store, Connect Stores, Branch Offices, IT /Network equipment installation projects ensuring full project closure and capitalization.
• Ensure early identification of business risks in projects decision making throughout their lifecycle, from Scoping, budgeting through Planning, Implementation to close out, reporting and ensure that risk management, risk registers and contingencies are in place to manage and minimise all risks
• Communicate and share updates of all project documents and reports, e.g. Project Plan of Execution, Progress Reports, and other documentation and presentations throughout a project lifecycle
• Provide CAPEX budget management to other facility related projects when the need arise and provide Project Management support
• Promote good working relationships. Establish trust, promote zero tolerance to corruption with right ethical values to build and grow any business relationships vital to the success of projects.
• Participate in contract tendering, vendor and equipment selection processes in accordance with relevant procurement standards and processes.
• Supervise Consultants to develop project specifications to support business needs and ensure cost optimization for facilities project deliverables.
• Drive Facility Projects- related Supply Chain activities; in leading procurement and logistics activities during project implementation
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Partial outsourcing to third party
• Highly regulated environment
• Regionalization structure implication
• Diverse Cultural environment
• Group best practices & standards alignment
• Continuous Infrastructural expansion
• Performance driven environment
• A Degree in Real Estate Management/ Architecture/ Engineering or a related field
• Masters-Degree or MBA is a plus
• Project Management Certifications, e.g PMP, Agile etc
• 5 years’ experience in Project Management (Facility/Construction) and 3 years’ in a supervisory role
• Experience working in a medium to large multinational organization.
• Risk management prior to and during the Project Execution, managing Risks within Project Timelines, Budgets and Quality
• Good knowledge of Contracting and Budgeting is an advantage
• Project Management Institute (PMI) Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
• A high-level knowledge of Telecom Business and Operations Support Systems.
• Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations and objectives.
• Budgeting and resource management disciplines
• Good knowledge of Financial Management.
• In depth knowledge of telecom market and industry.
• Knowledge of the range of the corporate business partners.
• Understanding of technology and services.
• Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
· Adequate knowledge in relevant architecture software E.g. AutoCAD Drawings
• Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
Physical Skills/ Competencies:
• Ability to manage conflict, accountability, self, and team performance.
• Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently.
• Leadership skills, customer centric, collaborative and ability to coach & develop direct reports.
• Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings.
• Ability to focus on priorities and plans manages and monitors work effectively.
• Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills,
• Commitment to the organization.
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking, and Problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to handle issues with tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities.
• Professional approach with a can do attitude.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 24th January 2022 to:
Email: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position CPG/02/2022 the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted