Ghana’s biggest digital entertainment and news platform YEN.com.gh is looking for an experienced Current affairs Editor.
• University degree in journalism/media studies or related field.
• 2-3 years experience in politics reporting online or working in a similar capacity.
• Perfect command of the English language (you will have to take several tests to prove it).
• Expertise in local & global politics and current affairs.
• Experience in the digital/social media field.
WHAT TO DO:
• Ensuring timely processing and publishing of news material that meets YEN’s editorial standards, in-house style guide, and the rules (policies) of platforms (Facebook, Google, others).
• Verifying facts and accuracy of all news reports before they are published.
• Rewriting and editing copy to ensure it is readable and appeals to the target audience.
• Producing authentic content free of plagiarism.
• Ensuring articles have catchy headlines and appropriate visual elements photos.
• Passion for political and general news reporting.
• Understanding of the Ghanaian political landscape.
• Sense of responsibility.
• Hard worker.
• Goal-oriented – Can work with deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive salary.
• Comfortable working environment and super-friendly team.
• Opportunity to learn from the biggest global players in IT and media worldwide.
Yen.com.gh is one of the biggest news and entertainment websites in Ghana. Yen.com.gh is a partner of Genesis Media Emerging Markets company, a media holding operating in South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana, with projects like Legit.ng, TUKO.co.ke and Briefly News