Huawei phones were one of the demanding phones before the US ban. It overtook some of the giants of the mobile phone industry like Samsung some time. This shows how people were interested in Huawei mobile phones.
Following the ban of Huawei phones in the states, Huawei phones were forcefully banned from also using Google Mobile Services (GMB). The GMB makes it possible to install all google related apps and services like the popular android app market Google play store, google services, google search and other Google apps that come with all android devices. This has made Huawei phones very unfriendly to users outside China.
Some Huawei users are so much interested that they are willing to pay thousands of dollars to get Huawei phones from china. This show how they are in love with the phone. Not only that, other countries like African countries also have the same issue, that is how can they get Google Mobile services on their Huawei phones.
Since this has been a much-discussed topic for so long amongst Huawei mobile users that have caused some developers to find solutions to this problem. Thanks to the developer bender_007, who has developed an app called Googlefier, which will install Google Mobile Services on your Huawei phones.
One important thing you need to note is you need to downgrade your device to EMUI 10. Check the guide below.
How to Downgrade Huawei Phone to EMUI 10
Before you start to downgrade, make sure you have backed up all data on the phone. Since the downgrading will wipe away everything from the phone.
Follow the steps below to downgrade to EMUI 10.
- Download Huawei Suite on you computer, windows preferrably.
- Make sure you allow USB Connection via HDB. You can allow this by going to Settings >> Security >> More Settings >> Turn on HDB.
- Connect your Huawei phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Allow you device to transfer files and accept any other permission requested.
- HiSuite will ask for a verification code before it starts syncing your devices. The verification code will be shown on your Huawei phone.
- In the HiSuite, click on Update.
- Then tap on “Switch to Other Version”.
- Tap on Restore and then Roll Back.
- Wait for sometime for your device to finish downgrading.
How to Install Googlefier
- Download Googlefier APK by clicking here.
- Ater it has completed downloading, Install by tapping on the downloaded APK file.
- Install the APK file.
- Follow the step by step guide in the app.
You can watch the video below for more understanding.
This post appeared first on GeorgeWeb.org.